Something about Me

Hello people,

My name is Wile E. Super Genius

I am currently in my laboratory thinking of ways to besmirch the dastardly Orange Cat that torments me everyday on my outings. I wish I could say that I could turn the other cheek when it comes the orange hairball but if I did I might end up looking like I had a run in with Freddy Krueger. I will tell you a little about myself. When I was a young pup I had a rough life. The people who owned me…yes, I said owned me…didn’t treat me very well. I was often kicked and hit. As I was tied up in the back yard being soaked by a March downpour I finally made my escape by desperately chewing through the harness that held me captive. I was free!!!! Alone on the streets, hungry, and hurt, but free!
Soon the Dog cops caught me and I was held at the “Pound”. It wasn’t as bad as where I was before: I had food, water and a roof over my head. I had three roommates that were very pushy and always stealing all the food, but I guess it could have been worse. My time at the pound was growing short. Everyday people would walk through the halls looking at us and trying to decide if we would go home with them. I waited for my turn, but it didn’t seem like it was going to come. One sunny day, a girl with long flowing brown hair walked up to my cage. She bent down and called to the little black whiney guy laying behind me. He looked up but never came to her. I walked up and placed my paw through the cage to get her attention. I also gave her my best booboo lip. She looked at me and said something to the big lady with her, then walked off. My heart sank into my tail.
Several days passed, and it was looking bleak. Several people came to my cage, and the girl and the big lady came too, but they were looking at the black dog, not me. It didn’t look like I was ever going to get probation. An older gentleman reached down and picked up the little black dog and cuddled him tight. Well, at least I got rid of a roommate. The girl sat down in front of my cage and took a tennis ball out of her pocket. She put it near me to see what my reaction would be (she didn’t know that next to cow and chicken the tennis ball is one of my favorite things). I didn’t know it at the time, but the girl and big lady were in the process of springing me out. I had to have surgery and a microchip before I could leave, but once that was all done the Big Lady came back, scooped me up in a blanket, put me in a warm dog crate, and took me to a new home.

My new home is amazing. I have my own bed with a fuzzy blanket (we refer to it as a woobie). I have tons of toys, food, treats, cookies, but most importantly a family who loves me. I have a girl, a mom and a dad. While my plan for world domination is ongoing, at least I can do it in comfort with the love and support of my new family


Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Canine Man's friend, guardian, super hero!

We hear in the news all to frequently about Dogs going rogue and attacking, biting and causing great physical injury,  These incidents are widely publicized by the media and can make us question certain breeds and  whether dogs are in fact a good companion to have.  Over the course of the last couple of weeks several incidents where Dogs have stepped into do their jobs above and beyond the call of duty. They have become the guardian of the abandoned or protector of the family have taken a back page in the media.  Unfortunately since these don't sound like the gruesome plot of some horror film these stories don't get the exposure that they deserve.  So today I am going to mention a few.  First for those of you who live in the Sacramento area Bodie one of our favorite police officers is recuperating from being shot by a fleeing criminal.  This is a Canine officer that would have given his life to protect his partner and almost did.  In difficult circumstances Canine officers are often sent in to flush out a suspect that holed up and refuses to come out of hiding this is done some human officers don't go in and get blind sided.  This shows the courage and protection these officers have for their human partner.  Yesterday there was an article about how a dog protected an abandoned infant.  For those of you who haven't heard. a baby was abandoned under a bridge no one except those that had abandoned the child knew where they had left her.  A local farm had been missing one of its canine residents for over 24 hours.  A search party was sent out to find the dog.  When the dog heard the people coming close she started to bark an alert but never left the baby.  When searches reached the dog she was curled around the infant protecting her from the elements and other hazards.  This dog had no connection to this child, other than to act as protector, guardian, and hero.  A recently adopted St. Bernard saved his family from a home invasion that could have proved deadly.  This big boy was found abandoned and bloody and it wasn't looking good, his new family took him in and a was looking at nursing him back to health.  He had only been in his new house for a couple of days when late one evening he heard something on the back porch and alerted the family then went to investigate.  What he found was someone breaking into the house. He immediately chased the intruder and while the criminal was trying to flee this brave dog grabbed him by his leg.  Police responded and were able to apprehend the criminal.. the phone and cable lines had been cut. This Brave boy saved his new family from goodness knows what??  These are just a few incidents that show the undeniable connection between humans and Canine.  We want to be part of a family, we want to love and be loved and in return we offer you the same, along with friend guardian and occasional super hero!

To those unsung heroes I give a loud bark of thanks and a high paw five.

Cheers from the dog with the ears.....

No comments:

Post a Comment